If your business is just starting out, and you only need a basic business website to step into the online world, we have listed down a bunch of free tools to help you create your own small business websites.
In today’s highly connected world, it is very important for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to have a powerful and well-designed website. While many people have the impressions that good business websites can cost a bomb, there are still many tools out there to help you – the business owner – create modern and useful business websites for free. We’ve sum up a list of free tools for you to be adventurous:
- WordPress – The most popular website builder. Originally used for bloggers, it can now be used for any business. Upgrades available for purchase.
- Weebly – An extremely easy-to-use platform, Weebly enables website building with a drag-and-drop method, allowing for content, forms, blogs, and more!
- Wix – Hundreds of templates that can be customized to suit a variety of needs, no HTML or coding knowledge needed.
- ColourLovers – Provides a variety of palette combinations with information on trends, plus tips and tricks to identify color schemes for your brand.
- Creative Commons search – A search engine that only provides sites and images that are available for free use under Creative Commons. Be sure that the images are free to use for commercial purposes by checking the “use for commercial purposes” box.
- Inkscape – Open source graphic design software with a very thorough tutorials blog.
- Facebook – The leader in social media for businesses. Connect with customers in a personal way.
- Twitter – Also a top contender, but with a smaller format. Keep your updates under 140 characters and reach millions.
- Hootsuite – The basic service is free and allows businesses to manage social media accounts from multiple websites, including Facebook and Twitter. Schedule posts, track comments and messages, and view any other activity from one dashboard.
- Google Docs – Cloud-based storage, available on PC, Mac, mobile, and more. 15GB free, upgrades for additional, varying monthly fees.
- Google Analytics – Track your pageviews, sales, and other vital statistics to keep up with the viability of your website.
While these free tools are able to help you setup a basic website for your business, we also welcome you to talk to us about our web design service in case you need to grow.